Press releases & news

Here you will find all press releases and the latest company news.

Mexico City, 07.03.2019

Field Development Mexico

The Field Development Plan for DEA’s operated oil field Ogarrio Onshore Mexico has been approved by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH).

Learn more

Hamburg, 04.12.2018

DEA to acquire Sierra Oil & Gas in Mexico, including stake in world class Zama discovery

The transaction is an important milestone in DEA’s international growth strategy, fulfilling DEA’s objective of building a significant portfolio in the Mexican upstream market

Learn more
Los representantes de Deutsche Erdoel México con sus socios de Pemex, Premier, Sapura y Cepsa

Mexico City, 27.06.2018

Deutsche Erdoel Mexico becomes operator of three exploration blocks

Deutsche Erdoel Mexico and its partners have signed the contracts for the offshore blocks 16, 17 and 30. The contracts were awarded by the National Hydrocarbons Commission CNH (Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos) in Mexico’s shallow water bid round 3.1 in March 2018. In all three blocks, Deutsche Erdoel Mexico is the operator.

Learn more

Mexico City, 27.03.2018

Deutsche Erdoel Mexico wins three exploration blocks as operator in bid round 3.1

In Mexico’s shallow water bid round 3.1, Deutsche Erdoel Mexico was awarded two blocks with its partners Pemex Exploration and Production and CEPSA and one block jointly with its partners Sapura E&P and Premier Oil. In all three blocks, Deutsche Erdoel Mexico will be the operator.

Learn more

Mexico City, 07.03.2018

New Operator for Ogarrio oil field

Deutsche Erdoel Mexico signed the license contract for the Ogarrio field in the Tabasco State of Mexico on 06 March 2018. Holding a 50% license share, Ogarrio is the first operated asset for the company in the country.

Learn more

Hamburg, 05.10.2017

Deutsche Erdoel AG becomes operator in Mexico

Deutsche Erdoel won a bid to take a 50% share of the PEMEX farm-out Ogarrio. The arrangement puts Deutsche Erdoel in the driver seat as the operator for the mature Ogarrio. Deutsche Erdoel will lever its expertise to increase production and ultimate recovery of the field considerably.

Learn more

Hamburg, 21.06.2017

Deutsche Erdoel AG wins its first exploration licence in Mexico

On 19 June 2017, Deutsche Erdoel AG was awarded shallow water Block 2 in consortium with Pemex by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH) as part of the competitive bid round 2.1. Deutsche Erdoel holds a 30% share, with Pemex holding the remaining 70% as operator.

Learn more